GIVING YOU OPTIONs TO THRIVE
Support services provided by the Nexus program expand the options available to newly diagnosed or People Living with HIV giving them the benefit and flexibility of receiving HIV-related care in a medical setting of their choosing – a private infectious disease, primary care or specialist practice. Your doctor can refer you to Nexus and based on your eligibility you may enroll in the appropriate support services to supplement your medical treatment and help you achieve and maintain viral load suppression.
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Special Notice to Nexus Program Customers, Participating Physicians, and Community Partners
As the COVID-19 pandemic spreads across the globe and our nation, including the Northern Virginia region, the Nexus Program is implementing new ways to continue providing services to our customers. In order to best protect the health and safety of our customers and staff we will follow guidelines as ordered by the Centers for Disease Control and the Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Some steps that are currently being taken include:
- All in-person appointments at the Nexus Program office in Annandale have been suspended as of March 19th.
- The Nexus Program staff will be utilizing telework options until further notice in order to reduce the spread and impact of COVID-19.
- Your Non-Medical Case Manager (NMCM) and Medical Case Manager (MCM) are using phone and video technology as appropriate to connect with you.
- All paperwork and required documents needed for services can still be dropped off at the office drop box from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- If you have recently lost your jobs or insurance, we are here to help providing emergency food cards and assisting with Medicaid enrollment.
- To reach your Case Manager please call the office at 703-639-0558 and leave a voicemail. Your voicemail will be forwarded electronically to their email.
Currently the COVID-19 pandemic is filled with many unknowns and uncertainties. The Nexus Program staff are working to remain a source of support for our community during this time period and are available to help answer your questions regarding COVID-19. If you desire more information or want to know about ways the Nexus Program can help you during this time, then please contact us at 703-639-0558. We will electronically receive your voicemail and reach out to you as soon as possible. Updates to the situation will be posted here to our website as conditions change.
If you have any questions or need any support, please reach out to Nexus Program staff. Take care of yourselves and each other during these uncertain times.
Nexus: Expanding Treatment Options Since 2016
Nexus is a growing program that began in 2016 in partnership with Infectious Diseases Physicians (IDP), a single-specialty practice dedicated to the treatment of individuals with HIV infection in Northern Virginia. Since 2016 two additional Infection Disease practices have signed formal agreements to participate in the Nexus program and the Nexus customer population has increased from 32 to more than 100 clients. We will continue to work on expanding our network of providers.
The Nexus program of VHO serves low-income HIV-infected individuals who receive their outpatient medical care from non-Ryan White medical providers. If you are eligible to participate in the Nexus program you may have access to Ryan White funds that will will pay for:
- The development of an individualized service plan to help you effectively manage your health and reach and maintain viral load suppression
- Support services like mental health screenings and emergency food assistance that are aligned with your individualized service plan
- Help enrolling in appropriate health insurance and education on how to effectively use your health insurance benefits
- Some health insurance premiums, co-payments and deductibles
- The Ryan White Program is a “payer of last resort” program that exists to provide coverage, care, and treatment, for those who have no other source of coverage or face coverage limits.”
FIND OUR IF YOU MIGHT BE ELIGIBLE FOR NEXUS
There are three criteria for eligibility for the Nexus program. If you meet these criteria, the next step is to Connect With Nexus.
Nexus is a program of VHO.
To Qualify For Nexus:
- You must be HIV+.
- You live in the state of Virginia in one of the covered jurisdictions (the covered jurisdictions include but may not be limited to Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, King George, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania, Stafford or Warren Counties; or the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas, or Manassas Park).
- Your household income at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Federal Poverty Level (FPL) Calculator
What People Are Saying
Our practice was looking for a community partner, with whom to support the care of individuals with HIV. We needed an agency with experience working in the medical field, especially in the areas of access to insurance plans and case management of individuals with social and financial needs. We found the perfect fit and have enjoyed our collaboration with VHO. Together we created the Nexus Program, with expanded access to care for individuals with HIV throughout Northern Virginia.
David Wheeler, MD
Infectious Diseases Physicians