Step One: Nexus Eligibility
There are three criteria for eligibility for the Nexus Program:
✔ You are HIV+.
✔ You live in the state of Virginia in one of the covered jurisdictions (the covered jurisdictions include but may not be limited to Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, King George, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania, Stafford or Warren Counties; or the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas, or Manassas Park).
✔ Your household income at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
If you answered yes to these three questions, you may be eligible for Nexus services. If you are not sure, Contact Us and we will help you determine your eligibility.
Step Two: Connect with Nexus
If you are seeing one of our current participating providers, ask your doctor to refer you to Nexus. Your doctor will send us a referral and we will contact you to set up an eligibility appointment.
If your doctor isn’t one of our participating providers, ask them to contact us for more information or you can Contact Us and we will call your provider, introduce them to Nexus, and enroll them if they are interested.
If you are interested in switching to one of the current participating providers, Contact Us and we can discuss the options and give you advice and information.
Step Three: Setting Up an Appointment
Once we have a referral from a participating provider, we will call you to set up an eligibility appointment.
Step Four: Prepare for the Meeting
Here are things you will need to bring to your initial eligibility appointment.
- If you are already enrolled in Aids Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), bring your most recent approval letter.
- Proof of Virginia residency (your current address).
- Proof of legal residency in the United States.
- Health insurance card if you are currently insured.
- Information about your household income. You will need to bring proof of income for all family members who earn income to support your household including a spouse, a partner, and/or dependent(s) over age 18.
- Self-employment income.
- Veterans or other retirement benefits.
- Net rental income (after expenses).
- Alimony/child support.
- Government benefits and/or award (such as Social Security and unemployment benefits).