The goal of Ryan White funding is to help patients achieve HIV viral load suppression. Nexus receives funding to support People Living with HIV in Northern Virginia without sufficient health care coverage or financial resources to manage their HIV disease.
Nexus serves Ryan White eligible, low income, HIV-infected individuals who receive their outpatient medical care from non-Ryan White medical providers, including private infectious diseases practices.
Infectious Disease Physicians (IDP)
3289 Woodburn Road
Annandale, Virginia 22003
Infectious Disease Consultants (IDC)
11211 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Infectious Disease Associates and Travel Medicine (IDA)
7764 Armistead Road
Lorton, VA 22079
Individuals with HIV served by these practices are initially screened by their medical team and will be given the option to be referred to the Nexus Case Manager for an eligibility determination appointment.
Nexus: Serving Your Low-Income Patients Living with HIV/AIDS
- Case Management to help patients through the maze of medical treatment and support services.
- Non Medical Case Management helps patients maintain their eligibility for Ryan White services.
- Medical Case Management to ensure patients effectively manage their day-to-day treatment.
- Mental health services: Nexus patients will be screened for mental health services and referred to the appropriate level of care.
- Emergency Food Assistance: Nexus patients may receive grocery store gift cards on a short-term emergency basis and be referred to various community food resources.
- Medical Transportation Assistance: Cab rides and Metro SmartTrip cards are available for Nexus patients with transportation challenges.
- Insurance Copay and Deductible Assistance for HIV-related medical care. Financial assistance is paid directly to healthcare providers.
- Enrollment in appropriate health insurance.